Thursday, September 30, 2010

Goal for the Day: Let Your Thoughts Blossom

I was once told by an employer, “You can be creative at home. We don’t want to hear your thoughts.” Her words have stuck with me all these years. Now, of course, I spend my days being creative at home, and, have discovered that people do, in fact, want to hear my thoughts. However, I recall that, at the time, her words were particularly hurtful. I’m sure that I’m not alone in this experience. How many of us are told that we’re “not paid to think” or that our ideas and opinions don’t matter? Well, guess what. They DO matter. Your thoughts are extremely valuable. Your ideas are priceless. So, don’t let anyone try to prevent you from thinking. If the people around you don’t wish to share your ideas, dreams, creativity, and concepts, don’t share them with them. Keep them to yourself or share them with people who will care. Just keep thinking them! You will always be able to find a venue for your creativity. That is, as long as you don’t allow other people to keep your thoughts from blossoming.


Today, let your ideas breathe and grow. Of course, pay attention to the tasks at hand, but also allow yourself the freedom to think. Each of us is capable of something brilliant. Give yourself a chance to discover it—no matter what anyone else says.

2 comments:

Darcy said...

How true. Where would the world be withouut creativity? If people didn't follow their creative thoughts we'd all be sitting in a cold cave waiting for someone to invent the wheel.

Joseph Crisalli said...

That's very true! I think, if a lot of people had their way, we would still be in that cave!