Monday, October 21, 2013

Treat of the Week: Savory Salisbury Steak and Sweet Cinnamon Rolls





 


Every possible food craving was satisfied this weekend when Bertie and I visited my parents' house.  My mother's kitchen was alive with a variety of aromas, but the first one that struck me was the scent of fresh, homemade, yeasty cinnamon roles baking in the oven.  These are not the kind which pop out of a can--this is the real deal.  But, more about them later.




We sat down to enjoy a dinner of wonderful Salisbury Steak in a rich, glorious gravy.  A side of cous-cous coated in pesto was colorfully joined by glazed carrots.









And, then came the cinnamon rolls.  Soft, doughy, wonderful and full of cinnamon, chopped nuts and mini chocolate chips, these beautifully glazed rolls were honestly the best I've ever had.  Thankfully, my mother made lots and lots of them.  So, I'll be enjoying them for days to come.  Pity I can't share with all of you.  Ha!  Who am I kidding?  I don't share baked goods.  My father was lucky he got any at all!



14 comments:

Sam P said...

Ohhhhhhh...YUM!

April said...

Ya,those look reallllly good.

Beth Ann said...

I love cinimin roles. I have a recipe, maybe I'll make those tonight. The steaks look great, too!

Angelo said...

Pass some over here. I would make you share, bro.....Broseph. 8)

Gene said...

Looks very good. Pop 'n' Fresh is jealous.

Carolyn said...

I want all of it for breakfast! Even the Salisbury Steak.

Matt said...

You'd share with me right? Beautiful food!

Kathy said...

There's no end to your mom's talents.

Barb said...

Terrific! I love how all the rolls look napping on their trays under their icing! Yum!

Gregg said...

God that all looks really good!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful!!!

Susan said...

Many favorites here!

Renee said...

I always love to see what your mother makes. Such delicious meals. Who doesn't love a cinnamon roll? I know I love them. I think it's just wonderful.

Book Gurl said...

Very impressive.