Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Goal for the Day: Know Your Body

This morning, Bertie awoke with an upset stomach. I can always tell when his stomach is bothering him because it’s, frankly, noisy. Over the past nine years, this has happened countless times. Westies have delicate stomachs. I’ve learned how to combat his upset stomachs and can quickly get rid of them and make him, once again, a happy boy. And, he is, now, quite a happy boy.


But, I was thinking that I’m not nearly as attuned to my own body as I am Bertie’s. Sometimes, if I have an upset stomach or a sore throat, I don’t have the slightest idea how to deal with it or make it go away.

So, I’ve decided to pay better attention to my own system. I think it’s a good idea for anyone. Your body sends you cues that are, actually, easily interpreted, if you pay attention. We could all develop a better sense of what our bodies need to function at their best so that we can all be happy boys and girls.

2 comments:

Bertie Fan said...

Glad to see his tummy trouble was short lived. That picture of him is so cute!

Joseph Crisalli said...

Oh, yes. He's quite well now and has been demanding cookies all day. That picture shows his, "I'm determined to have a cookie" face.