Thursday, March 24, 2011

Objects of the Day: A Pair of Crystal Lamps

For years, I would walk into my bedroom and think, “I hate those lamps.” When I bought this house, I purchased a pair of inexpensive lamps for the bedroom with the intention of replacing them when I found something I liked. Over eight years later, I still had the offending fixtures and couldn’t find a pair of lamps that I thought were truly perfect.


Then, my mother remembered a set of crystal lamps that she and my father had purchased over thirty years ago, but hadn’t used in a very long time. The shades were tattered with age, but the lamps themselves were perfect. Shimmering crystal urns with subtle gold-tone bases never go out of style, and they had the perfect look for my house.

A pair of new shades of cerulean blue embroidered with a pattern of brown quatrefoils was the perfect upgrade for these classically-styled lamps. The addition of sparkling crystal finials completed the look.

Now, I walk into my bedroom and think, “Wow. I love those lamps.”




No comments: