Friday, December 20, 2013

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas







"Mama" would have wanted me to share this.  She also told me...she said, "Liza, bring Joey Bishop another martini."  And, then, well...Mr. Mayer was just...well, he was as big as a bear and Mama was...well, she told me that there was one time when I was at Great Adventure riding the roller coaster with Ann-Margret and Alice Ghostley  and well, Alice was so cold she...she stuck to the seat!  So, I've had the chance to work with some of the real greats...you know the greats!  Dick Gautier.  Lyle Waggoner.  Legends.  I got that quality from my father.  Mr. Vin-shen-tey Meee-nelli.  Oh, he was a fine, fine...This one time, Paul Lynde and I went to see Michael York in 'Othello' or 'Hamlet' or 'Madea Goes to Jail' or something and I broke the heel of my shoe and...well, Paul was a small man, so, he couldn't lift me, and then comes in Dom DeLuise or...no, it was James Coco.  So, we all drank him with whipped cream, and Paul was the center square so, it really wasn't Regis Philbin's fault.  You see?

Anyway...this is...Mama would have wanted me to share this.


From here, of course.




No comments: