Monday, July 19, 2010

Treat of the Week: Gorgeous Custard Fruit Tart

A huge part of a beautiful world is beautiful food. My father and I are both very fortunate in that we have direct access to the world’s best cook—my mother. Bertie and I visit my parents’ house every Sunday and, each week, we’re treated to the best-of-the-best. This week was no exception. This beautiful custard and fruit tart. With its delicate homemade crust, rich custard, fresh peaches, blueberries and cherries, this tart looks like the sort of summer-time dessert that could have been found on the dining table of a grand Nineteenth-Century home. For its sheer perfection, this lovely tart is our inaugural “Treat of the Week.” Beautifully decorated and even more delicious than it looks, this masterpiece reminds us of how beautiful life can be.

2 comments:

Kay said...

That's not fair! You should hand out samples! :P

Joseph Crisalli said...

Sorry. I'm afraid that even if there were samples, I'd eat them before I could hand them out. ;)