Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday is for Family: Celebrate Nothing!

"Hey, it's cool in here."
Living beautifully means taking time to appreciate what you’ve got. When you get home tonight, look back on your day and find a reason to celebrate. Maybe you didn’t get a paper cut. Maybe you did a great job on a presentation. Maybe the dog sat in the fireplace. Or, perhaps, nothing of note happened at all. All the better! Make a party out of it. It doesn’t matter if it’s just you, your family or every friend you can think of, set aside tonight to enjoy yourself. Do what you love and pause for a moment to remember all the great things you’ve got going for you. If we can all do that one day a week, we might all calm down a little bit. We need more celebrating if we’re going to succeed in building our own Belle Époque.

2 comments:

Kathy L said...

What a great reminder to celebrate the small things. I love it when my kids give me unexpected hugs "just because". I love the even simpler things of parking spaces opening up just as I pull up. I love the awesome outline of clouds we saw this evening. Yes, we need more celebrating.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Kathy, I appreciate that you posted this. There are so many little triumphs throughout the day. It's just we let the negative things push them aside. I hope you have a great weekend full of celebrating!