Monday, October 7, 2013

Treat of the Week: A Crustless Quiche and Sumptuous Apple Cupcakes






The aroma of a luscious crustless quiche greeted Bertie and me when we visited my parents this weekend.  My mother had worked her culinary magic and prepared this magnificent creation of gruyere, leeks, and eggs--a fluffy, savory masterpiece.  Served with potatoes and onions roasted to perfection, spinach and lovely ciabatta rolls, this was the ideal dinner for the first truly cool day we've had.







Apparently, my mother was seeing spots this weekend.  Delicious spots!  She treated us with this moist, perfect apple cupcakes topped with swirls of buttercream icing and polka dots of pink and purple.






With a chill in the air and an apple cupcake on my plate, I finally felt as if the heat of summer was abating.



13 comments:

Angelo said...

I want one of the cupcakes real bad.

Beth Ann said...

I never had a crustless quiche but think it would be delicious and so much lighter. I found a recipe and will try it. Your mom is a genius. The cupcakes are sooooooo pretty.

Sam P said...

Ten bucks. That's what one of those cupcakes would cost here.

Book Gurl said...

All beautiful! I always love your mother's dishes. She has so many and they're all beautiful.

Doug said...

Wow that looks good!

Carolyn said...

Oh my goodness they all look so delicious. I could eat the whole platter! Yummsy meal!

Barry said...

Apple cupcakes!Yum!

April said...

My stomach is growling so loud from these pictures, I can't work.

Matt said...

A cupcake would be really good right now.

Kathy said...

Brava!

Renee said...

Classy, elegant and nourishing meal. I get so sick seeing the way people eat these days, especially in California. When you deprive the body of a full diet, you can't be healthy. So many young people are missing out on the greatest joy of life ... Eating. Look at what your mother did with those cupcakes. They are beautiful, and, sure there's sugar in the frosting, and butter, but the apples make them sweet in the cake and make them a healthier choice. I like to see people eating well and have such passion for food. I enjoy your web because you make a feast for the eyes with so many beautiful things and it's wonderful.

Barb said...

I love leaks. Sometimes I chop them up for an omelette. It's just a heavenly flavor. I wish I could stick my fingers in my phone and grab a few potatoes..

Wendy said...

I want to see spots too!!!