Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Object of the Day, Caption Contest: Don't Cry Out Loud

Click on image to further upset the baby.



This is rather how I feel today.

However, I must wonder—at what point in our human history was this image ever considered appealing or attractive? Why a crying baby? Not just a crying baby, mind you, but a yowling, distraught baby who is almost deformed by the sheer wretchedness of his wail.

Who thinks, “You know what our product needs to help it sell? A really, really upset baby. No cute babies with smiles on their faces for us! No, no. We want our babies to be extraordinarily disturbed.”?

Well, let’s see what you think. This seems like a good time for a caption contest. Since we don’t know what this was meant to advertise, I look to all of you clever folks. Answers in the comments section, please.


21 comments:

Matt said...

It's Jon Hamm after the Emmys. Cheer up Jon, it's an honor just being nominated.

April said...

It's an ad for pins. Sharp, pointy, baby-sticking, non-safety pins.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Very popular in the Nineteenth Century.

Carolyn said...

Future Botox users of America.

Joseph Crisalli said...

There were going to be a lot of lines around those eyes.

Shawn said...

How did you ever get an image of me at 6:00 in the morning when my alarm goes off?

Joseph Crisalli said...

We have ways.

Gene said...

Someone took away his Libby's corned beef.

Joseph Crisalli said...

How dare they?

Darcy said...

"Mama"Liza wailed, "I want to go to Sardi"s too! Don't want the munchkins to baby sit. They smell funny like your special lemonade . No not Gene's mother in law either. She pinches. Want to see Joey Bishop and Jack Paar. I want to party! Life is a cabaret!"

Joseph Crisalli said...

Hooray! This baby DOES look like Liza. And, frankly, I'm sure that's an actual conversation that a young Liza and Mama would have had! Right down to the part about Gene's mother-in-law!

Marsha said...

Too funny!

Joseph Crisalli said...

I think so too.

Gene said...

She DOES pinch.

Joseph Crisalli said...

I'm sorry.

Book Gurl said...

Looks like how I feel at work.

Joseph Crisalli said...

I understand.

Angelo said...

Every kid near me on the subway.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Or airplane.

Dashwood said...

The love child of Louis Armstrong and Elsa Maxwell bemoaning the fact that almost nobody under 40 has a clue as to who the hell Louis Armstrong and Elsa Maxwell were.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Sadly true.