Thursday, September 27, 2012

Gratuitous Bertie Dog Picture, Caption Contest: A Scottish Bertie Dog Ignoring Muslin at Luss, Loch Lomomd




Today, I'd like to invite you to put the words in Bertie's mouth.  Put your ideas for a caption for this picture in the comments section.





Image: A Scottish Peasant Girl Embroidering Muslin at Luss, Loch Lomond, Joshua Cristall (1763-1847), 1846, Scotland, Britain, The Victoria & Albert Museum.







You know you want to have a Bertie Dog mug, tee-shirt, tote bag or water bottle. You know you do. So, take a look at our online store. 


And, here's a bonus...this fellow has recreated Noel Coward's famed, "Together With Music" television special.  It fits with our theme today.

21 comments:

Matt said...

'That had better not be haggis I smell.'

Joseph Crisalli said...

Ach...can you imagine?

Shawn said...

I keep waiting and not one of these people will get me a sandwich. People are just a constant disappointment.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Ha, funny you should say that since I believe I am a disappointment to Bertie every day! And, we all know how much Bertie (and I) enjoy our sandwiches.

Darcy said...

Hey lady stop sewing! Do I look like I need clothes? I need food! A nice filet mignon will do. And a piece of cake,spice or yellow or banana. I like banana .But not chocolate, chocolate is dog poison.

Joseph Crisalli said...

That's right, Darcy. NO DOG POISON! And, NO SEWING!

April said...

Lady...one word. Shoes.

Joseph Crisalli said...

That would be a nice touch.

Carolyn said...

Would a blanket be too much to ask?

Joseph Crisalli said...

You wouldn't think so.

Gene said...

Cut out that noise back there!

Joseph Crisalli said...

Yes, Bertie would be irritated by that little group in the back.

Sam P said...

You put YARN in your picnic basket?

Joseph Crisalli said...

A real crime!

Angelo said...

Wish I had such a cool dog.

Joseph Crisalli said...

There's one out there waiting for you to adopt him.

Kathy said...

I'm too cute to be here.

Joseph Crisalli said...

He really is.

Dashwood said...

This is NOT the Ritz Carlton.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Decidedly not.

Joseph Crisalli said...

You know...just as a follow-up to what I said to Angelo yesterday...Bertie wanted me to remind all of you that anybody can find a cool dog like him through any of the fine shelters, pet adoption agencies and rescue organizations who work to find good homes for deserving dogs and cats who are in need.

On Bertie's web site, he keeps a list of such organizations.

Just click here. Bertie was a rescue dog, as you all know, and I can't think of anything I've ever done in my life which is better than adopting him. The amount of joy we've shared together this past decade is immeasurable, and, I'd like to think that all of you--and, you too, Angelo--could have the same unconditional love and sheer happiness that we have.