|The Victoria & Albert Museum|
This bronze lamp made in Italy between 1500 and 1550 depicts the head of a satyr with a foliated beard and eyebrows, mounted on an eagle's claw. His mouth forms the burner and a hinged cover to the oil reservoir is on his crown.
This was made in the workshop of Severo da Ravenna in Padua or Ravenna. Known also as Severo di Domenico Calzetta da Ravenna, he was an Italian sculptor, active between 1496 and approximately 1543.