Saturday, April 27, 2013

Saturday Silliness: I'm Wearing my Green Fedora, 1935






I'm wearing my green fedora,
Fedora
Not Alice, not Annie, not Casey but Fedora
I usually come to town in a battered old hat of brown
But it got red/green when me and my queen go steppin' around.

She's Fussy about colors,
She's very I think,
But if she won't fix it,
Might even wear pink.

That's why I wear my green fedora.

Fedora.
Fedora is the girl I love




The popular song "I'm Wearin' My Green Fedora" was written in 1935 by songwriters, Al Sherman, Al Lewis and Joseph Meyer for the short animated film, “My Green Fedora.” The film, animated by Chuck Jones and Robert Clampett, was directed by Friz Freleng and produced by Leon Schlesinger. Released on May 4, 1935, the film was heralded for its parody of the famous act of comedic actor Joe “Wanna Buy a Duck” Penner. You’re sure to know this song, even if not from its original source. The song was featured in other films and cartoons, notably in 1936 and 1937.



No comments: