These earrings by Cartier feature large pear-shape diamonds suspended by diamond trillions and baguettes, set in platinum. They were originally commissioned by The Honorable Mrs. Ronald Greville in 1930. Mrs Greville, a long-time friend of Queen Elizabeth (mother of Queen Elizabeth II, known as The Queen Mother). When Mrs. Greville died in 1942, she bequeathed the majority of her diamond jewelry (most of it made by Cartier) to Queen Elizabeth. Today, these personal items are on display as part of the Royal Collection.