Monday, April 8, 2013

Treat of the Week: Giant Ginger Cookies!





This week's treat is the return of a family favorite--my favorite cookies, in fact.  But, first, we enjoyed a scrumptious and flavorful dinner of Norwegian meatballs, spinach cooked in sauteed garlic and fluffy, whipped potatoes.




But, on to the cookies...

Of all the many, many cookies which I adore, if I had to rescue just one kind from a burning building (just go with it), it would be these enormous ginger cookies.  Soft and chewy with a delightful tang of ginger, these cookies sparkle with a dusting of demerara sugar.  Chewy and thick, these sturdy (not crumbly or crumby like a lot of cookies) cookies travel well and are perfect to take on road trips.  After one of these, you can easily drive another one hundred miles without a hint of complaint.   Everything about them is baked perfection.  Served up with a fresh fruit salad of kiwi, pineapple, bananas and berries, this makes for a light, but filling dessert.






To be sure, I'd drive a hundred miles just to get one.


14 comments:

Matt said...

What beautiful cookies! They look like they're covered in diamonds.

April said...

I'm stuck eating this crummy sandwich and I really want some of that.

Gene said...

It all looks so good. I really like the idea of the meatballs and the cookies look wonderful.

Barry said...

A tempting treat! Cheers !!!

Carolyn said...

GIANT YUMSY YUMSY!

Beth Ann said...

Meatballs are a good idea for dinner! I wish I had some of those cookies!

Wendy said...

Sooooo pretty!

Renee said...

A perfect dinner. Always so professional.

Sam P said...

My Monday hunger is back,

Angelo said...

Ohhhh...awesssssoooommmme.

Kathy said...

MmmmmmMmmmmm.

Barb said...

Love that kind of meatballs! Cookies are to die for.

Doug said...

Looks goooood!

Gregg said...

Really pretty cookies.