Friday, April 12, 2013

Mr. Punch's Puzzles: The Riddle of the Week





Each Friday, Mr. Punch, with my help, presents a true Victorian riddle.  The first person to answer correctly--by posting in the comments--will receive public congratulations.  Be on the look-out!  Sometimes--not today, because, frankly, I don't feel like it--the winner will receive a fabulous prize from our online store.

So, here's this week's riddle.  And, for the love of Punch, don't Google the answer.  That's not cool, and most of all, it's very un-Victorian.  Must be sporting, Chums, what.


I am within as white as snow,
without as green as herbs that grow;
I am higher than a house,
and yet am lesser than a mouse.


And...the answer is...

A walnut.

I don't know.  That's the answer.  

I declare today's winners as Darcy and Dashwood since they are the only two who put their responses with the right post.  However, the rest of you, in the wrong place, also had very clever answers.  Come back next Friday for another of Mr. Punch's Puzzles.


And, remember Mr. Punch wants you to never forget that, "That's the way to do it!"  A good way to recall that is with one of our exclusive Mr. Punch products, available only in our online store.  

9 comments:

Darcy said...

A moldy Hostess Twiinkie high on LSD.

Dashwood said...

A small mozzarella cheese ball covered with basil and parsley and flown into the sky by Mighty Mouse.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Now why didn't I think of that?

Joseph Crisalli said...

You know what I just realized? The whole lot of you have been posting your riddle answers in the wrong place? April started it. And you lot of sheep followed. You're posting on the FRED TICKNER post. Only Darcy has put her answer in the right place. Thank you, Darcy, for being normal.

(Of course, I've been approving all these messages and letting them be put in the wrong place.)

Joseph Crisalli said...

I like that, Dashwood. Thank you, also, for being able to read.

Matt said...

I didn't even notice. I am a sheep. Baaaa.

April said...

You call me a sheep, but it is those who post on the right post who are the sheep. Join us on the 'wrong post' and know freedom!!!!!!

Gene said...

I didn't notice either. Do you want me to put my answer here?

Joseph Crisalli said...

No, Gene. It's all right. We'll let April have her fun...for the moment.