Monday, March 21, 2011

Treat of the Week: A Rich Chocolate Cinnamon Cake

It’s no secret that I’m a fan of cake. Cake and I have had a longstanding friendship and I appreciate it in all its many forms. This, however, is one of my favorites. What sets this cake apart from other chocolate cakes is the inclusion of cinnamon in the batter which elevates the flavor to a spiced richness which far surpasses the average chocolate cake.


Walnuts, raisins and chocolate chips add texture and mellow flavor to this extremely moist, delicate cake. Iced with a creamy mocha frosting, the cake is garnished with chocolate chips which give extra bite to each mouthful.

This, like many of the wonderful confections my mother creates is a recipe of her own creation. Creating your own masterpieces is part of the excitement of cooking. If you’d like to create a similar cake, an online search for basic chocolate cake recipes will give you a starting point to combine your favorite flavors into one exceptionally delicious work of art.

Meanwhile, I’ll do a search for a fork and get to eating…

4 comments:

Gene said...

Awesome cake...reminds me of one my mom used to make. Great!

Joseph Crisalli said...

Thanks, Gene!

Anonymous said...

Looks really yummy!!!

Joseph Crisalli said...

It really is. Thanks for reading!