Sunday, September 5, 2010

Goal for the Day: Liven Things Up

While redecorating can be a big hassle and expense, you can bring new life to your home simply by rearranging the items you already have. Try a different configuration for your furniture. Rearrange the pictures on your walls. Experiment by moving your bric-a-brac around.

Even changing out throw pillows and blankets can make a big difference in the look of a room. Be creative! Changing a few things about a space can bring a new energy and excitement to your home which will make you feel revitalized.

2 comments:

JavaBeanRush said...

This is true. I change my digs around often enough just to see what can be done with it.

Rearranging also helps me appreciate what I have. Many times while turning things around and getting them out of the way, I end up saying "I forgot that I had this," which signals Salvation Army time to me. I purge the stuff, rearrange what's left and feel like I'm in a completely new, yet familiar, place.

All without spending anything.

On a similar note, until I began writing more frequently (which is such fun), I didn't notice how much money I spent on stuff just because I was bored.

Joseph Crisalli said...

I like your attitude, Java Rush! Isn't it funny how boredom brings out the desire to shop?