Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Treat of the Week: The Power of Pasta







Mercy.  I can't wait for this year to be over.  It's making sure to throw as much at me as it can, too.  As you know, my neighbors and I, as well, as much of North Texas, were without power for a few days due to an ice storm.  The events of those days are one, big cold blur of blankets and trying to preserve the remaining battery power in the iPhone.  






It wasn't, really, until I was revived by my mother's cooking that I can remember things clearly.  There's nothing quite a revitalizing as a big bowl of pasta.  So, once I was extricated from my icy Victorian prison, I was greeted with a steaming bowl of spaghetti with tomato sauce, artichoke hearts, roasted eggplant and plump tuscan beans.  That perked me right up, as did the delicious salad and ciabatta bread.  




For dessert, homemade blueberry muffins were just the right touch to restore some much needed energy.  With a lovely crumb topping, they were well worth the long struggle to get to them.


12 comments:

Doug said...

That would perk me up too.

Kathy said...

Sheer perfection!

Barb said...

I. Love. Blueberry. Muffins!!!

Matty said...

Yum, yum. Yum. Double yum.

Carolyn said...

Muffins are my favorite things!

angelo said...

Man that looks goooooood!

Gregg said...

I could use some warming up. Send me a bowl!

Gene said...

If I shut off my lights, can I have some?

Beth Ann said...

How beautiful! I have some beans and artichokes but no eggplants tho. Maybe I will make something like this tonight. The muffins look delicious.

Sam P said...

Sorry you had such a bad time, but you got a nice treat at the end of it.

April said...

Ohhhhhh! I want some too!!!

Book Gurl said...

Looks good!