Friday, January 17, 2014

Mr. Punch's Puzzles: The Riddle of the Week





Once, again, Mr. Punch with my help, is offering up a true Victorian riddle. The first person to answer correctly--by posting in the comments--will receive public congratulations.

So, here's this week's riddle. We ask that you don't Google the answer. Mr. Punch would not find that sporting at all. Give it a shot and see what you can come up with. Here we go... No cheating...


Poke your fingers in my eyes to open wide my jaws and fuel my greedy lust.

And, the answer is...

Scissors.

This was a weird one, I know.  You all gave brave and ingenious answers and I am duly proud, as is Mr. Punch.  Come back next Friday for another of "Mr. Punch's Puzzles."



Mr. Punch wants you to always know “the way to do it,” so why not check out our “That’s the way to do it!” products which are available only at our online store.  

20 comments:

Matt said...

Oh so many filthy answers. I'll say Oedipus.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Filthy and Greek.

April said...

Sunday dinners at my house circa 1971.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Oh...how... disillusioning.

Gene said...

My late father in law meeting my mother in law.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Makes sense, Gene.

Angelo said...

Jaws! The shark! Sharknado!!!!

Joseph Crisalli said...

A very cogent argument, Angelo.

Sam P said...

WTF!

Joseph Crisalli said...

OMG.

Darcy said...

That nice lady at the DMV.
(Maybe she's Gene' s mother-in- law)

Joseph Crisalli said...

Patty or Selma?

Dashwood said...

Miley Cyrus but there's that tongue thing to deal with too.

Oh, well. Back twerk.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Ha. Back t'werk.

I'd rather like to stick my fingers in her eyes. Just like a scene from American Horror Story.

Kathy said...

Didn't Erica Kane do that to Dimitri once?

Joseph Crisalli said...

Yes, I think she did. And to Travis, and to Tom, and to Adam, and to Jackson, and to Phil, Mike, and Charlie, and Dr. Kinder, and, that guy who ended up being a Nazi, and to a big brown bear, and to Jeremy, and once, accidentally to Myrtle during a tornado.

Gregg said...

Tim Gunn.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Close...in a way.

Carolyn said...

Chita Rivera.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Very random, my dear.