Monday, September 23, 2013

Treat of the Week: An Anniversary Feast








This past weekend, we celebrated my parents' forty-second anniversary in grand style with a scrumptious dinner of beef stroganoff.  Tender filet mignon swimming in sour cream with caramelized onions and mushrooms was joined by herbed noodles and fresh green beans.  Homemade biscuits rounded out this celebratory meal.







For dessert, this wedding-cake-style treat with its sumptuous rosettes and festoons was as delicious as it was elegant.  Thick butterscotch frosting adorns three fluffy layers of cake filled with luscious chocolate ganache.  You may recognize this treat as a cousin to "The Grange Molliner" cake, and I know it's a very complicated baking process, seemingly simple in my mother's capable hands.








I think it was the perfect way to mark forty-two years.





15 comments:

Beth Ann said...

Beautiful! Happy Anniversary to them!

April said...

That's one of my favorite dinners. I believe that cake is the cake all cakes aspire to be. Happy anniversary to your parents.

Angelo said...

Want cake! Happy anniversary!!

Matt said...

Congratulations and pass me a plate.

Carolyn said...

Yumsy! I can't get over how beautiful the cake is. Happy, happy to your mom and dad.

Gene said...

Happy Anniversary. If I celebrated mine I'd want the same dinner.

Kathy said...

Wonderful work! I hope they had a good anniversary.

Sam P said...

Happy Anniversary, glad you celebrated with such great food.

Gregg said...

Wow! Stunning!

Renee said...

I think that's the most beautiful cake. Besides who doesn't love stroganoff? Happy Anniversary to them!

Book Gurl said...

Another perfectly decorated cake and delicious looking entree. I am impressed.

Susan said...

Happy Anniversay! Love the cake!

Barb said...

Heavenly cake! The layers look so good. I wish your parents many happy returns.

Doug said...

Mmmmmmmm. All the best to your folks.

Bonnie said...

I love it all! Happy Anniversary!