|This and all related images from:|
The British Museum
Made in 1958 by Bulgari in Rome, this diamond and sapphire clip brooch revives the late Eighteenth Century fashion of the floral spray ornament. The stems of the flowers are set with baguette (baton cut) diamonds, and the know of the ribbon at the base is set with rectangular diamonds.
The signed, platinum mount features a double-pronged clip fitting for wear on the edge of a dress or lapel if desired. A nod to Victorian fashion, the flowers are mounted en tremblant on spring settings so that they quiver as the wearer moves.