Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Treat of the Week: Black and White Cookie Edition



 



Wonderful aromas greeted Bertie and me upon our arrival at my parents' house for our weekly visit.  I knew at once that we were in store for a great meal.  Bertie did, too.  You should have seen that black nose going. 

We were both happy to follow our noses into the kitchen where my mother treated us to her exceptional baked ziti. Now, this just isn’t any baked ziti. No, no, this is alive with fresh herbs, spinach and beautiful mushrooms!  This was served with individual antipasti.  I always like to have my own little salad.  I always find it special and delightful.  Much like Bertie, I enjoy when things are, "mine."








Another thing I enjoy are Black and White Cookies.  Longtime readers know of my passion for these giant bits of joy and know I bemoan the lack of them in the Southern U.S.  The last time my mother made them was in 2010.

But, she made them this week!




Much joy and celebration!

My father texted me a photo of them the night before and said.  "These were delicious," implying he had eaten all of them.  I cursed him with a thousand plagues.  But, he was only kidding.  Curse removed.

As for the rest of you, you should only know such delight as a Black and White Cookie.






13 comments:

Beth Ann said...

I love b&w cookies. Love ziti, too. Just enough time to make some tonight. I'll add veggies too. Love it!

Matty said...

One of my guilty treats when in NY. I hide them in my little room and eat black and whites when no one can see me. <3 to you and a hug for your mom.

Gene said...

My stomach is growling. It's almost as loud as the growl of she who cannot be named.

Angelo said...

I could get better NY food from your ma in Texas than I can here in NY. Awesome. Will she adopt me? Just dont tell my ma.

April said...

I am stuck with hotel food. Good but greasy. I would kill for some ziti, a salad and a cookie right now. Homemade food would be divine. I mean it, I would kill for it. I may just anyway.

Bonnie said...

All look really good!!

Renee said...

Oh I love black and whites! This is another good meal. People don't eat enough dairy and this is a good way to get it in your diet. Putting in the vegetables is so great! I agree. I like my own salad too. My husband likes the big salad bowl style. I want my own. Very beautiful.

Sam P said...

Some of my favorites! Yum!!!

Doug said...

So good!

Carolyn said...

Reminds me of my New York years. Wish I had a yummy cookie.

Kathy said...

My kinda dinner!!!!

Book Gurl said...

Really beautiful work.

Gregg said...

Would grab a a B and W every day when we were in Brooklyn. Good old days.