Friday, August 2, 2013

Treat of the Week: A Tale of Two Sundays








While I may have had a rough time of things these past weeks, one area which hasn't suffered is the food I've been given thanks to my mother's clever culinary creativity.

It was the meatiest of times, it was the veggiest of times....

Already this week, you've seen a lovely treat of pizza and ice cream, but the weekend before that, Bertie and I feasted on beautifully-grilled filet mignon, noodles with pesto, roasted baby eggplant and a beautiful tomato mozzarella salad with creamy avocado.  








That delightful dinner was followed with a brown sugar and but pound cake which was served with fresh whipped cream and sliced, juicy peaches!




And, the weekend before that, we enjoyed an equally delicious treat which began with pasta, asparagus and pancetta.



This was followed by a most fanciful and fancy dessert of homemade ice cream on the half-shell--literally.  Well, maybe not too literally.  My mother put her new oyster-shell dishes to good use, serving up pearls of ice cream with croutons of toasted pound cake and beautifully candied nuts!





So, you see, no matter how bleak things are, I can always count on my mother to make everything better.



13 comments:

Carolyn said...

A tale of two yumsies!

Matt said...

Mmmmmmmmm...at least you had two good days and by the look of the pictures they were very good!

April said...

This is how I want to spend a weekend. With beautiful food.

Gene said...

Goodness, it's all so good looking.

Beth Ann said...

So worth waiting for these pictures. Beautiful!

Kathy said...

Your mom makes everything look fantastic!

Gregg said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous!

Angelo said...

I want it allllllllllllllllll!!!!

Barb said...

I wouldn't know where to start and I wouldn't want to stop.

Book Gurl said...

The tomato salad is my fave. As always, it's all presented so professionally.

Bonnie said...

Two days of delicious!

Doug said...

Three great treats this week!

Renee said...

I love it all!