Thursday, January 19, 2012

Obscure Book of the Day: The Queen, Jubilee Number 2, 1935



Yesterday, we looked at the May 1, 1935 issue of The Queen which was a number devoted to the Silver Jubilee of King George V and Queen Mary.  The next issue, May 8, 1935, was also dedicated to the Jubilee and is, again, filled with all sorts of beautiful and interesting ads and articles about the King and Queen.  The look at Queen Mary’s personal art collection is continued and a glimpse at the Royal Family’s dogs satisfies the British ideals of home and family life.  Of note is the petit point pattern of a portrait of Queen Mary and a photo of the finished product.  I don’t do petit point, and at 38, my eyesight is not good enough to even make out the pattern.  But, I think I’ll enlarge it a bit and create the portrait in beadwork.  Because, I just don’t have enough pictures of Queen Mary in my house.

Enjoy this look at this vintage magazine.  It’s in remarkably good condition.  Let’s take a look inside…

















No comments: