Monday, May 13, 2013

Treat of the Week: Mothers' Day Mayhem




As per tradition, each year on Mothers' Day, my father and I torture my mother by using her kitchen to make dinner for her.  Sometimes, the results are...interesting.  Occasionally, the finished product is surprisingly good.

This year, my father spent much energy preparing a breaded Steak Milanaise served with fresh aragula, and broccoli.  He even made a lovely bread.  From scratch.  And, it was quite good!






My contribution was a risotto with peas.




We concluded the meal with the best thing my father bakes--a lemon meringue pie.  Also, from scratch.  And, I must say, it was very, very tasty and the meringue was perfect.

More than anything, we just wanted to show my mother how much she's appreciated.  The day leaves us wondering how she manages to cook the exceptional things that she does without batting an eye.  At the end of the cooking, we look like we've run a marathon, and, yet, she makes it all look so easy.




Back to normal next week.



13 comments:

Matt said...

Great job! Happy Mothers Day to your mom.

April said...

Very professional looking bread. I am glad you gave your momma a good day.

Carolyn said...

How sweet.

Gene said...

I didn't make anything for my mother in law. We took her to brunch and watched her tear apart danishes. Your dad and you did a good job.

Angelo said...

Cool. I would be too scared to try.

Mom said...

A big thank you to my guys for a great Mother's Day treat! Every thing was delicious and the effort you two put into every detail is much appreciated.
Thank you for a beautiful day.

Renee said...

How nice. Very good boys.

Sam P said...

I cooked fior my mom. Hamburgers. I wish I was that ambitious.

Beth Ann said...

I think it's lovely.

Kathy said...

Sweet.

Book Gurl said...

What a nice meal. Well done.

Dad said...

We didn't poison anyone! Huge success!!

Joseph Crisalli said...

Yes, avoiding ptomaine is the mark of a successful celebration.