The Victoria & Albert Museum
Made in England between 1760 and 1765, this chandelier of blown glass over a metal frame was presented to the Thomastown Chapel, County Kilkenny, Ireland, by Sir John Power, slightly after it was created.
After the switch to electricity, the chandelier was not electrified as many were. Instead, it was removed and replaced with a more modern fixture in the Nineteenth Century. The glittering masterpiece was purchased by one Major W.H. Mulville, who presented it to the V&A in 1931. Consequently, the chandelier remains as it was in 1760—outfitted for candles and totally unaltered.