Monday, March 19, 2012

Breaking Stalking the Belle Époque News: A Letter from HM Queen Elizabeth II

 


This has nothing to do with what we’re talking about here today, but I’m excited.  This doesn’t happen every day, so I thought I’d share with you!

When I went out to get my mail today, in the box was an envelope from Buckingham Palace!  Stamped on the front and reverse with the Queen’s cipher and with a postal code unique to the palace, this beautiful little piece of mail just about made my heart stop.

I mean, come on, how many guys in my town got a letter from Buckingham Palace today?

You see, several weeks ago, I wrote to Her Majesty, the Queen, congratulating her on her Diamond Jubilee.  This was the response I received.  I know, it’s a form letter.  But, it’s terribly nifty and I’m just beside myself with excitement.






5 comments:

Carolyn said...

That's just so cool!

JavaBeanRush said...

I'm so happy for you! I totally know that feeling. I sent my condolences to the family 15 years ago during far more somber events than a Diamond Jubilee.

I did not expect a response since the terrible calamity was still very new and mine was one letter amidst so many millions from around the world.

A few days or a week later I received a typed letter from the desk of Princes William and Harry and signed by a secretary or something. Gosh, I need to unearth that missive and frame it!

The best to you, Joseph!

-- Java

Joseph Crisalli said...

Thanks, Carolyn.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Thank you, Java Bean Rush. I am not surprised that The office of the Princes responded to your condolensced regarding the death of their mother. It's hard to believe that it's been so long ago. The protocol of the Royal Family is truly outstanding. It's a point of pride for the family to respond to correspondence. Queen Victoria was a stickler for it, but Queen Mary really set the standard and I'm glad to see it's still in practice. Even such responses from secretaries and pre-printed cards show that the family does care when people around the world take the time to share their thoughts. You know exactly how thrilled I was to see the Queen's cypher on that envelope. Thank you for sharing.

Matt said...

Very awesome. I never knew anyone who got mail from Buckingham Palace. I don't think so anyway. MB